Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Why not have pet presets? +Pet System Tweaks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by disgustedorito, Oct 22, 2016.

1. disgustedorito

disgustedorito New Member

In-Game Name:
    disgustedorito
    Players can have presets. Items can have presets. But pets can't yet. They can't be given names either. That should change.

Might it require a rewrite of the entire prey system? I think not. While the prey system could use a little tweaks here and there (smarter AI, pathfinding, more animations, surface swimming maybe?), the pet system doesn't have to be completely connected to it--all it really needs to do is reference it for base stats, and the pet itself can then be created as a sort of custom critter that can then have buffs, custom names, and other fun new features applied to it without overwriting anything in vanilla. Loading it in would then be similar to loading a player.

And that's what would allow the pet presets to happen, too--though I don't think they're impossible with the current system anyway.

Anyway I hope this suggestion is considered!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Zaroque

Zaroque THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
    Staff Member Developer

In-Game Name:
    Zaroque
    We had this option in Last Moon where players payed money to have customised pets (e.g. entirely different models or a different skin, like a preset). Would be really nice to have unique pets again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1