Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Scribbly comic: The Fox Twins

Discussion in 'Art & Media' started by Candleframe, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Candleframe

Candleframe Member

In-Game Name:
    F
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yaaay, DOE Fanfics :p I always thought Cross Stitch looked cute, but possessed.

If you're having trouble interpereting it:

Once there was a lonely fox in Harmony. Suddenly, they hear a noise and they see an arctic fox on the hill. The two foxes become friends and remain as friends for a very long time. One day, the arctic fox tells the orange fox that they come from the Alpine Mountains, and asks whether the orange fox wants to see their home. The orange fox accepts.

The two foxes are happily running along the mountain, until the arctic fox realises the orange fox is no longer behind them. The arctic fox turns around and looks down the cliff. The orange fox has slipped. The arctic fox rushes down the mountain along the safest path as quick as they can. But they were too late, the slip and the freezing conditions have killed the orange fox. The arctic fox is deeply saddened.

Feeling guilty, the arctic fox carries the orange fox's body through Harmony, to Neshamah. The arctic fox asks Neshamah to resurrect the orange fox. Neshamah, however, being strict with order in Eternity, refuses and asserts that the dead must stay dead, and not come alive. The arctic fox is disappointed, but then gains an idea. They carry the body and run to Asmodeus. They ask Asmodeus if they could resurrect the orange fox. Asmodeus accepts, and asks the arctic fox to return the next night.

The arctic fox does exactly that. When they return, Asmodeus has resurrected the orange fox, but in the form of a poorly stitched doll, as the fox is small and Asmodeus isn't particulary skilled at making small stiches. The arctic fox is glad to see their friend is alive again, but says that they are worried that with time, the bad stiches will come apart. Amsodeus says that if the arctic fox wants them to create more thread and fabric, the arctic fox must give up their soul. The arctic fox hesitates, but accepts. Asmodeus weaves their body into fabric and their soul into thread. The extra fabric and thread is added to the doll and the doll is now complete.

One day, there is a lonely horse in Harmony. Suddenly, they hear a noise and see an odd fox on the hill with a giraffe doll. The horse happily accepts the giraffe doll and doesn't feel lonely anymore. Cross Stitch waves them good-bye.

~~~

Though if dolls are made from souls, it does leave unfortunate inplications considering Cross Stitch asks you to kill a certain number of prey so they can give you a doll. Especially since the latest quest was the "Fox Twins". Woops! :p

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    I know DoE has it's canon lore but this is still a pretty cute and sad story.

• Like Like x 2
  3. muffin

muffin Active Member

tears
    It's so beautiful ;w;
    What a wonderful story

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

OMLitssocute. Watch as all of DoE gather and get upset of the scribble comic because its too damn adorable.
    I have to see more comics of how somethings came to be in DoE (player/fan made addition maybe). Cause this is just perfect ;w;

(where is @Rika to see this)

#4 Snuggypink, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PerishedHowlers

PerishedHowlers New Member

In-Game Name:
    PerishedHowlers
    Good job, I'm impressed with this scribbly comic. Even though it may seem as junk, but to me, this is artwork. Again, I praise you with this masterpiece.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    !!!!!!!!!!
    I ADORE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS
    I am extremely tempted to make this Cross Stitch's canon backstory instead of the one I planned

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Candleframe

Candleframe Member

In-Game Name:
    F
    Awww thanks, all of you! :3

Oooh I'd still like to see the canon backstory somewhere in the future! Maybe you can think of this comic as some sort of alternate universe? (After all, I did accidentally miscolour the tip of Cross Stitch's tail a light yellow instead of brown XD )

• Agree Agree x 1