Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Preset not showing up for other ppl

Discussion in 'Help & Documentation' started by HouseBanana, May 28, 2019.

1. HouseBanana

HouseBanana New Member

In-Game Name:
    HouseBanana
    sooo I've come across an issue

First I made the preset(which omg was a hassle on its own) BUT alas the stars aligned and it worked

which brings me to my problem. no one else can see my hard work. friend put all of the files(mat. files & .png files, made sure it was still recognized as a mat. file on her end) in the my_content > preset folder, completely shut down the game and restarted, that didn't work. cross checked, made sure everything was right, placed the files in game > cache > presets, restarted completely, that didn't work.

[​IMG]

^ my files

[​IMG]

^ her files

we tried removing the zip folder, 'IrsostePreset' didn't work still

flip flopped between the 'cache' preset area and the 'my_content' preset area, removing, adding, removing, adding, restarting(on both our ends)

so i'm pretty much lost at this point. do i need a mod/admin to add it into the game during an update or smth? any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

While encountering you in-game, I noticed that you were a part of a Pack/Group.
    Sadly being in one can mess up your name tag which affects your preset files.
    The only real way to fix this right now is to, sadly, delete the character and create a new with out joining a pack afterwards.:(
    It's uncertain as to adding in information to your preset would fix this issue, but for now Packs and or Groups are a slight waste of gold.
    You are better off making a Party Chat in-game. :oops:

3. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    Aren't you in the [DoE] group with rika? Your presets are fine!

4. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

I actually had to delete the original Snugg because of that actually^^
    It's been a while but I recall going through a bit of trouble with my preset after the DoE tag was added and had to re apply it after the fact I believe.

5. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    You murdered snug!!! (I say this but I've deleted and remade moon quartz like 3 times..)