Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

PLEASE DELETE THIS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skye, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye New Member

In-Game Name:
    Skye
    Ohai dere.

I myself do not have the skills to create a game (yet - I am in art college and just started 3D modeling this quarter huehue), but since this is here, I figured I might say some stuff. I myself never really participate in critique in classes because I don't feel I have a right to criticize people with better or more skills, but I hope nothing I say comes off as rude or demanding or picky >.<

• The spawn point in Sycamore Forest...I'm sorry, but I don't think the current point of falling in the water at the very end of the map is a good spot. I know many people lag there (I do not), but it can be a bit iffy spawning there and having to fly up to the normal ground.
    • Auras/shards in general: These would be cool, though I know nothing about making particle objects, so I dunno how hard this would be.
    • Paw pad/claw, tongue coloring: I know someone else mentioned this but it'd be cool.
    • Weather and/or longer day-night cycle: Again, I know others said it, and I know SkyX doesn't play nice with certain effects, but it'd be interesting (though I know weather might crash some people's games depending on their computer)
    • Making Alpine Mountain either a bit smaller as a map, or moving the shop a bit lower: I was excited to find wintery items, but as I was flying toward the shop, I was realizing just how insanely large that map was..It must have taken me almost 20 minutes to fly up there xD I'm not saying this to be rude but I was surprised. It's not a necessary suggestion at all, but I didn't know if anyone else noticed this or had any issue with it so I thought of mentioning it (now I feel guilty >.<)
    • The adorable little goats as pets: Has anyone thought of this yet? Or the gorgeous whales (that might be a bit much though)??
    I had more ideas but I seem to have gone blank. I hate forgetting things.
    There is something specific I was wondering though:

• Could we maybe be allowed to create, and send in, our own custom items? Like I mentioned, I have 3D modeling this quarter. I'm only on my 3rd project and slowly learning how to do this stuff. There's a lot of options and settings I don't know yet. I know many IT games use Blender, Sculptris, Maya, etc, and my class is currently teaching 3DS MAX. My current homework assignment is creating a weapon of our choice, and I chose to do my character Skye's sword that I designed a while back. Say I make the model really well (and low-poly enough)...could I send in the file(s) for it and it could be added as a game item? Of course this idea would apply to anyone else who would want custom items. Now granted, I have not taken my Materials & Lighting class, or Texturing, so I wouldn't be able to color the model myself, but you get the idea.
    I hope I haven't been too icky and rude and annoying >.<

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD WHEN POSSIBLE

#1 Skye, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

I believe the spawn point was supposed to be on the bridge, but might've been messed up in the process? (whaat no one else likes the sudden drop? :'D)

Alpine Mtn. I think I'd be nice to have some more prey (like those silver foxes in the game files) to run around & to find along the map trail. A large map with opportunity.

Most prey are available as pets. At least the smaller ones. Larger prey is still prey, unless wanting then to be made smaller? for the other players sake, no one wants a laggy game or a pet that takes over the screen~

Custom items (i've been meaning to create my own as well) but that is an admin decision u.u *shrugs*

3. Skye

Skye New Member

In-Game Name:
    Skye
    Well, it was just a small idea. I am very aware how large the whales are, and that's why I said "maybe this is too much". If it were a thing (since they are overpowered), it is possible to shrink them - other IT games shrink certain critters once tamed. Again, it was just an idea, but the goat is fine.

I am aware that custom items is an admin decision, and that's who it was directed to. I wasn't expecting a normal member to say yes or no lol

4. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    -Sycamore is actually being remade, with less lag and a spawn point that makes much more sense.

-We likely will not be implementing shards/auras, as they cause lag and don't work well with our new item system.

-it's been has been talked about, but separate coloring for those areas will likely not be implemented.

-Alpine Mountain will likely be remade sometime in the future as well, for the same reasons you described.

-Goats are already available as pets! You can buy them in the pet shop in Homeland, as for stronger pets like Orcas, we're still working on how to balance them properly.

-You are more than welcome to submit item models for the game, however they will not be private and there is no guarantee they will be accepted (say if the item is too high poly or doesn't fit the game's aesthetic) you will be given feedback on how to make the item usable, but again they will not be private.

5. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    I think a sword like that would fit in the game quite nicely! it'd be great for the Crystal Marsh, and our polygon limit is around 1000 yes, but we tend to aim for a bit lower than that when it comes to items.