Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Solved MSVCR100.dll missing?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Letmein, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Letmein

Letmein New Member

In-Game Name:
    arsenicCatnip33
    Hello! I'm new to this place. It's nice to be here, but I'm having trouble having this game work. I downloaded and installed the program on my PC [windows 10 system, 64-bit operating system]. All seemed to have been going fine with the installation process, but right when I opened the game, this pops up not just once, but four times before the messages can be officially dismissed.

[​IMG]

All four of these messages say the same thing.

Of course, I tried various tactics to troubleshoot and skimmed the forums a bit in search of answers, all to no avail. I've downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, but that didn't work, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times. After uninstalling and restalling the visual package set; I tried different models of C++, downloading the compressed game file of DOE to install instead, downloading the .dll file directly from www.dll-files.com, and even restarted my computer. Again, all to no avail. Before you ask: yes, this file is indeed on my computer in the folder of system32. I also tried moving it to the game files of DOE temporarily to see if it would launch, but that too did not work.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! I can't wait to play!

2. Letmein

Letmein New Member

In-Game Name:
    arsenicCatnip33
    Hello! Here's an update: Though I tried CCleaner to mend this issue, as well as trying to install a similar game, Last Moon, in an attempt to isolate the issue; all efforts thus far have been unsuccessful in repairing this dilemma I am facing. Not even the second program works, as it gets the exact same pop up(s) as this. I even tried deleting the version.txt file, but that also didn't work. I might try downloading the vcredist_ia64.exe file from microsoft, rather than the vcredist_x64.exe, but if this doesn't work, I am swiftly running out of ideas.

3. Avani

Avani New Member

In-Game Name:
    Avani
    It is always a frustrating issue to run into, I have experienced the same thing on different Impressive Title Server downloads.
    It sounds like you have already tried everything that is supposed to fix this issue, I am sorry you are still getting this error!
    Have you also tried downloading: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    I read that you have already tried different versions of C++ as well, but maybe give this multipack a shot too: https://mpvci.co.uk/
    Crossing my fingers for you! We will get you in-game!

4. Letmein

Letmein New Member

In-Game Name:
    arsenicCatnip33
    It worked! The program now runs! Thanks to your suggestion, I downloaded the first file and received this as progress:

[​IMG]

Knowing I've made some leeway thanks to your generous advice, as I was no longer stuck on the error message I previously received, I downloaded and installed the second file you recommended to me, and now I'm in! Well, as far in as I can be, anyway...

[​IMG]

Yes, this is the correct username and password, by the way. It matches that of the forum. The account has also been activated the night of creation, as I followed through with the email that was sent to me for official confirmation. I might have been too... hasty and changed my password today in hopes of resolving the issue. However, this did not work. As a result, this may be a dilemma I must consult a moderator on for the matter. There is a form with this very topic alongside admin input as follows:
    [​IMG]

Regardless of that, thank you for your help! I am grateful for it and hopefully I will break through this one, final obstacle of technical difficulties soon.

5. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
  6. Letmein

Letmein New Member

In-Game Name:
    arsenicCatnip33
    I'm in!! I created a character and completed the tutorials right up until I reached the shops of The Homeland with no other problems encountered. Thank you for your time, and see you all in game!