Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Marking Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zombie, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Zombie

Zombie Member
    Developer

In-Game Name:
    Zombie
    Have some marking suggestions?

So we've been working on some new markings for the game. And we'd love to hear what you guys would like to see for some markings. They can be realistic animal patterns or your own concepts; anythings open. As long as it's nothing copyrighted or part of a franchise.

Any of the models are fine, though I'm personally more stumped with what you'd like to see for the tail markings on horses. I already have a few basic ones that you can match with the mane(s). But what else would you like to see for it? You can use ref images, sketches, color free lineart; whatever you want to use to help get the ideas across.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. uwu

2. TheFruitLoop

TheFruitLoop New Member

In-Game Name:
    TheFruitLoop
    I Was thinking Like Bager marking's If i spelled that Correctly, Or Like Scar's For RP. It's Alright if you think there Bad, I just wanted to see ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zombie

Zombie Member
    Developer

In-Game Name:
    Zombie
    *badger

You were close though! :D And I think that's a nice idea. I definitely though about scars, but was worried not many would be interested in those. If there's interest though I can def make a few. c:

4. muffin

muffin Active Member

What about fawn markings? I just love little fawn markings!

5. Higeki

Higeki New Member

In-Game Name:
    Higeki
    Skeletal markings definitely. Hmm how about stitches or an arrow that goes across your back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. articwolfgirl

articwolfgirl New Member

In-Game Name:
    articwolfgirl
    Panda, Aussie Shepard, White blaze mask on face, Collar, 'Alpha' Markings, Something Matrix themed? German Shepard back, Snow leopard themed, Maybe something star based? Dragon scales/underbelly? Um... Some type of Shaman like markings (Native Indian in a way?)

These are all I could think of to contribute, really like the Skeletal Idea and the Stitches one. Stitches would be amazing or patchwork so you can make your character look like a doll?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rikutsu

Rikutsu New Member

In-Game Name:
    Rikutsu
    Ohh, everyone has some cool ideas.

I haven't tried the feline characters yet, so I'm wondering if they can get lion manes and tuffed tails? If so, colored hair tips and streaks would be neat. For horses, too. I also suggest "Shadow" markings (where you would put shading or shadows, that's where the color for the marking would go), dorsal stripe (the black line some horses have on their backs), leopard appaloosa spots, white belly, snowcap (the appaloosa marking), socks and stockings for feet, split colored face, colored "points" (ears, muzzle and feet are points) and "faded" markings (dark on top and fade to light on bottom or reversed) - whole body, legs, belly, and head.