Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Longjump's suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Longjump, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Longjump

Longjump New Member

In-Game Name:
    Longjump
    Hi there! I'm pretty new to the game, but I've played for a few hours so far. I know it's heavily WIP, and let me just say i've NEVER coded a game, so some of my ideas might be totally impossible.

Minor changes/addons

1. Some sort of particle effect and a larger 'Item gained' Notification when you kill a prey animal. It took me multiple tries while looking specifically for it to notice it.'Course that could just be me, but making it a bit more noticeable wouldn't hurt.

2. I've never seen it in an IT server before, so I have no idea if it's possible or worth the effort of putting in, buuuut- It'd be really cool if, in open water maps (like ocean), there would be a 'fog' effect in the water. Blue/Green/Grey, getting thicker as you go down, mimicking the murky depths of an ocean. With maps as open as this one, you can see all it has with one go, but with an effect like this it'd force users to explore for secrets! (and imagine hiding a water monster at the bottom of some abyss.)

3. I know the manes are broken (I think?) But perhaps once the ball starts rolling and they're ready to work on 'em again, they could have some sort of physics added. Bouncing and flowing while characters run/walk and idly shifting while the characters stand still. could be applied to tufts?

4. And speaking of manes, IF physics are ever added maybe replace the horse tail with manes instead. Horse tails are almost all hair anyway, and the only time they move them is to flick their tails or when prancing (which isn't an action yet- but it could be :D), so a tail with hair physics would be cool. If no physics, maybe adjust the tail's idle so it moves side-to side, not forward and back.

Major stuff

1. A unique jump animation for the horse. The one it currently has /would/ be fine, but an accurate jump would be cool.

2. More customization options for fat/skinny characters. BUT. I'm not sure if you can do it with IT models?

3. Variance. Not super important, really, but when the game's mostly polished and ready to go it'd be cool to see different animations/builds for each species- Maybe an alternate 'pony' and draft horse for the equine- orr different body parts to swap out to make your own unique creatures.

But ye, das all I got.

#1 Longjump, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    alright, for the minor stuff-
    1. there is a particle effect for dropped items, we could definitely see if we can make it more noticeable though.

2. SkyX, the thing we use to generate our pretty skies, doesn't really like to play nice with draw distance fog. we could try and do something with the underwater "view" though. personally I'm not too happy with how ocean looks right now anyway, I'd like to make it more dark and murky looking in the future.

3. this has been discussed before, and unfortunately moving manes is going to be very very unlikely.

major stuff-

1. This will likely be added, though it's not a priority right now so it won't be added for a very long time

2. Unfortunately doing this would break a lot of the items' positioning. The only way to do it would be to create entirely different models with entirely different positioning values for all the items, which brings us to

3. Right now when it comes to different models, we have more of a priority on adding entirely different species, or largely different "baby" versions of the current models. More minor variations of the current models will likely not be adding for literally years.

3. Longjump

Longjump New Member

In-Game Name:
    Longjump
    I see! Thank you~