Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

idle/afk animation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SparkleWolf404, Feb 27, 2017.

1. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    Many times has a player gone AFK and there has been no way to tell, a lot of MMOs have some kind of idle/afk animation that your character does when you are gone for a few minutes.

I feel it would help stop some unneeded stress of you trying to ask someone a question only for them to be AFK and you having no way of knowing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daisangen

Daisangen New Member

In-Game Name:
    Daisangen
    I have an idea for something like that o/

After 20 or 30 minutes of innactivity or after the player puts the command "/afk", the character closes its eyes and its head stays down, like looking at the ground, while some "Zzz" effect flies around it.
    Or maybe it could be a simple animation that could be activated via the Actions menu.

3. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

Yeah- an action for AFK is easier to do than an actual time counter.
    Though not sure about the sleeping action since there is already a rest option, and not sure how the "Zzz" would be made since I'm sure it'd be similar to a particle/aura effect (in which such things don't exist in game)

4. SparkleWolf404

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    Maybe it could be a thing where your eyes close, ears and head droop and your breathing is slower

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Festral

Festral Member

In-Game Name:
    Festral
    If understand correctly..you can make a sign over the head of your character "AFK"? it was possible to pull on and off when the person leaves. for access to all, it can be sold in any store in "homelend".I think it's easier
    ( ̄ρ ̄)..zzZZ

#5 Festral, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  6. SparkleWolf404

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    That doesn't do any good if a player forgets to put one up, not only that but with items you need to leave and come back in order for someone to see it.

• Agree Agree x 2