Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

What have I done diddly done

Discussion in 'Help & Documentation' started by Sneakster, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Sneakster

Sneakster New Member

In-Game Name:
    Sneakster
    So I'm an old fart when it comes to making heightmaps and don't understand that L3DT program thingy. I figured I could just straight up draw my heightmap like in ye olden days, and it works half the time, half the time does not. I went through the tutorials on mapmaking pretty easily and moved from the tutorial map to creating my own folder and map, I copied and pasted the .world file to my new folder (titled Sam's Map) but changed the N++ file to not say 'tut1.png' on the code line, but my own file which was 'samsmap.png'
    I scribbled around real quick in GIMP and went into the game and it worked perfectly! No errors or anything
    So I get down to start drawing a real map, looked hella cool, and when I get into the game...

error

I have literally no clue what I did but while I was trying to explain the process through screenshots, I magically figured it all out, so yeah yall can disregard this thread now

[​IMG]

It says it isn't in greyscale, which is what confuses me! Or at least that's what I gather from the error. I have made sure that the setting is to greyscale when I start the map in GIMP, and when I draw out stupidly simple maps it works fine but when I actually get down to more complex stuff it gives me this error. Anyone know what to do about it?

Edit:

So here's a lovely heightmap, it's called "heck.png"
    [​IMG]

I go ingame, and it works perfectly! Boy is it a beauty

[​IMG]

So like, since this works, obviously drawing a nicer map will work too?? I've changed absolutely nothing other than the image its self, it's still the "heck.png" file and everything

Stunning
    [​IMG]

I save it and go into the game

(this is the point where shit just magically started working for me so nvm all this lmao)

#1 Sneakster, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

I feel this is a common error, you may need tp decrease the quality pf your map in oder for it to work. So far that has worked for me, when getting the same error

• Like Like x 2