Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Various bugs I've found

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Krazoa, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Krazoa

Krazoa New Member

In-Game Name:
    Krazoa
    Hey guys! I know I'm new here but I wanted to point out a few findings that I came across
    here on DoE.

Settings not saving

What I mean by this is the mainly with the music settings.
    I often set the music to off as I like to listen to my music playlist sometimes
    during gameplay. The game seems to auto set to sound on when you log back on.
    It's a little annoying but nothing major.

Still head

I had this problem in the original I.T too I think so it might not even be fixable.
    Again it's not a major one.
    I have a habit of leaving my game windowed so that I can multitask with other things
    such as checking my dA and other websites or even chatting on Skype.
    Using the alt-tab technique to flick between my other windows I noticed that
    when I return to DoE, sometimes my characters head won't move.
    It doesn't matter how many times I hit alt, it will stay put.

However there is a mini fix to this for the time being that doesn't
    require logging out the game. All you need to do is lock onto something, pet/attack or even
    another player. As soon as you're no longer locked on, the frozen head syndrome will
    be gone.

Character creation throws me out

I thought it was my internet at first since it's not the best but the rate it kept
    throwing me out seemed a bit odd and a few people have apparently had this problem too
    so I'm guessing it's a known bug.

Things are missing apparently...

I don't know if this is a 'just me' moment or what but sometimes
    I'll be able to go into maps no problem. Other times I'll try and my game will
    crash with errors. I haven't had chance to screenshot one of these yet but I'll post them as soon
    as I know.

Moving away from the screen before the loading bit

It's advised that you don't move away while the game loads as you'll likely get an error.
    I'll take screenshots to show what I mean since I'm not the best at explaining but again
    this is another thing that happened in the older one and it's nothing major.

Apologies for my keen eye and noticing things.. game bugs just like to find me ^^;

2. PrinceOfSin

PrinceOfSin Active Member

In-Game Name:
    PrinceOfSin
    Character creation does throw me out sometimes too. Its usually why I have to do it in short bursts, thus slowing me down.

The still head problem; have you tried hitting alt again? Hitting alt on any of the IT games puts the head into an idle position, not following the camera. Striking alt once more with make it resume following the camera.
    EDIT: Okay, maybe you need to switch the camera mode? I've had the still head problem on LM before. Switching to F1 or F4 might solve it. (F1 auto-follows and F4 is first person.)

3. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    Full error messages wud be useful

It should save, have you tried Run as administrator? It might not have permission to write the config file and then you'd end up with default settings again.

http://dawn-of-eternity.com/community/threads/update-july-14th.217/#post-1460

4. PrinceOfSin

PrinceOfSin Active Member

In-Game Name:
    PrinceOfSin