Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Preset'ers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DubstepiC, Jul 7, 2015.

1. DubstepiC

DubstepiC New Member

In-Game Name:
    DubstepiC
    I'm not sure if this is even allowed to do this or not but I am willing to offer money to a preseter (for items) who owns a Paypal account. I will pay in advance so you are not being cheated or scammed. Is there anyone out there willing to take up my request? You can decide the price and I will try to meet it. I haven't tablet any longer so I am unable to do this myself. It would be heavily appreciated.

2. Varce

Varce Member

In-Game Name:
    Varce
    It miiiiight be a better idea to pay someone after they make the preset. You losing money might end up serious, if some random person says they'll do it and don't hold up on their end of the bargain. :confused: There are probably people out there who will even do it for free.

3. CryptCreations

CryptCreations New Member

In-Game Name:
    CryptCreations
    There are a few people who you could find to do things for free. Harder but still available.
    With money transactions there is possibility that either person will get scammed. Granted there are good people in the world but it still stands.(I agree with Varce -- If you do money make sure they finish before hand.)
    Personally, I would just suggest finding someone who may do it for a trade (art, est.), or just for free before finding those who want money.

#3 CryptCreations, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. Taizer

Taizer New Member

In-Game Name:
    Taizer
    The actual rule with preset or texture comissions for anything is usually pay half at the start and pay half when they finish.
    Which is how I operate mine over on DA anyway . (Yet some others still will only do it on full upfront pay)
    Also Its worth researching your artist, or looking at other commissions they've done to find out if you can actually trust them rather than rushing in so you dont get caught out. Random people going 'sure I'll do it' when they don't have a history of preset or texture commissions is where you'll hit trouble with money and getting your finished product.

My reasons for half and half is so I don't put all that effort in to have someone turn around and go 'Oh I'm sorry, I cant pay you now' when I've just set aside days of other paid work I could be doing to make this thing for them. (Which is usually worth less than the work I should have been doing.)
    But paying half at the start also shows yes you are sure and determined to get that preset from your creator and its a reassurance that you will likely pay the end half once its done to.
    People paying only after its made is a nightmare, I've had people turn around and refuse to pay me for a preset once I've made it and I've struggled to sell the darn thing to someone else.

Aside from that, checking preset gallery threads here, on the FeralHeart forums or looking on Kito might be a good idea to look for free makers! They work on FH or other IT similar games but I'm sure it cant be hard to fit some lines and shapes and whatever else onto a Dawn UV map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DubstepiC

DubstepiC New Member

In-Game Name:
    DubstepiC
    Thank you guys SOOOO much for the advice~ i don't wanna be the one ending up being scammed either. I'll keep everything in mind.

6. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    If you want to make sure neither party gets scammed you should use a middleman, the problem is finding trustworthy middlemen. I can act as middleman if it's needed.

Then it's basically:
    You send money to me.
    I tell maker you've paid.
    They make the preset.
    When they're done and sent it to you I pay them.

Neither can back out unless both agree on it:
    If they back out I just send the money back to you.
    You can't back out since I have your money and will pay them when they're done.

7. DubstepiC

DubstepiC New Member

In-Game Name:
    DubstepiC
    That sounds like a wonderful idea, well I've chosen the person to do it I just hope they already started.
    I appreciate you stepping up to help~

8. Khalia

Khalia Member

In-Game Name:
    KhaliaArt
    It sounds pretty cool, I would do some presets for money C: but I know there are many free makers, it was already said, so I'd recommend them :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ~LeKyleHybrid~

~LeKyleHybrid~ New Member

In-Game Name:
    KyleHybrid
    I just started to make presents and im really getting into it, ive already got acouple requests from people but un sure if im going to take them, I make them for FREE :p I dont use a tablet i use my pc mouse but ive had years of practices and i think im pretty good with it now, if u wanna see my first and only present u can look at my first post :p also my icon was something i just drew acouple weeks ago using my mouse c: contact me via forums Pm if u have any questions :p