Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Please delete this thread when possible!!

Discussion in 'Art & Media' started by Skye, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye New Member

In-Game Name:
    Skye
    O yus.

If anyone has looked at and followed the conversation within my thread ( http://dawn-of-eternity.com/community/threads/skyes-suggestions.498/ ) then you'll know I was asking about putting a custom item into the game. @Rika was kind enough to talk things over with me; she confirmed the polygon limit for me, and said the sword would fit nicely for the game, which was a huge compliment. Now, I didn't make this sword specifically for the game, as it was a homework assignment for my modeling class, but I thought it'd be an epic idea. If the admins so choose to not accept the model (especially because I can't texture yet, so one of them would have to do it), that's fine..but I figured I'd show off a little anyways >.<
    [​IMG]
    I pictured this with the wireframe on and off. The blade and handle objects are separated here for the purposes of screenshots, but I do have them attached in another MAX file. Unfortunately, there are a few triangles and nGons, and I couldn't really fix/avoid those that exist, but I did my best in keeping the mesh mostly quads. I also made sure there were no holes, and welded any that did exist.
    Also, the reference drawing is slightly wrong; my friend drew it for me since I couldn't do it at the time, but she got the leather wrapping and gem bit wrong: Her leather wrapping drawing is extremely congested and tight, but in my design, it's only two strips criss-crossing diagonally, not a bunch. I left the wrap off the model as I don't know how I would have done a diagonal thing like that; if and when someone textures this, they can just leave the handle a plain black or draw lines of some sort to simulate a wrap around the handle. I dunno. As far as the gem, she drew it as a metal claw holding a loose amethyst..when in my design it's a sort of base with the amethyst inside as part of the handle (if you can't tell from the angle, even if zoomed in).
    The blade is also purposely thin, as designed, but it is 3-dimensional object.

So yeah..hope you guys like it.
    Here is the bigger, clearer drawing of the sword, if anyone's curious.
    Also, for the record, the sword is named Skyburst and is the weapon of my character Skye. However, if this is added to the game, it will be a item anyone can get. It'd be fun to see people enjoy it.
    It's only 606 polygons in total (the 608 is because of the 2 polys making up the plane primitive that holds the ref) so I hope it's okay >w<

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD WHEN POSSIBLE

#1 Skye, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Pretty Pretty x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Joshua

Joshua New Member

In-Game Name:
    White Noise
    That's really awesome! I don't really know that much about 3D modelling, so that's pretty mind blowing for me to see.

3. muffin

muffin Active Member

I used to model but I sucked, this is brilliant though. I love the shape and idea of the sword. c:

4. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

This is really cool *0* if this is added to the game *amazement noises* TTUTT crossing fingers to have it in game. Epic items in an epic game~

5. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    lookin good! what program are you using to model it? and don't worry about the triangles, all our models get triangulated anyway when they're exported, and the n-gons though can be fixed pretty easily just by creating edges inside of them.

6. Karkat_Vantas

Karkat_Vantas Active Member

VERY NICE!

7. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    lol, how many sides do those ngons have?

ah, the obj. file might be best since I'd have to import it into blender in order to UV and texture it, and then export it from there for use in the game.