Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Partly Animated (Help)

Discussion in 'Help & Documentation' started by Dusktehwol, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Dusktehwol

Dusktehwol New Member

In-Game Name:
    Dusk
    I found the coding for it, I'm just wondering how you would only make part of the preset animated? I've been fiddling, but I cannot put my finger on how to do so.

2. Undeadarmy

Undeadarmy New Member

In-Game Name:
    Undeadarmy
    Alright first I gotta ask, what do you mean by animated, do you mean scrolling or actual animation, like the anim_texture myz_test.png sorta thing? If so then I can try my best to help chu there. What you do is make the parts you want to be animated transparent, I'll use my preset skoll as an example.

I animated his eyes so I erased the area on the first texture and made a separate one placing the first set as undeadarmy_skollfire.png. I then took the candle flame, moved it a little and slapped in a number at the end, and so on. In total it took 3 separate textures to achieve what I wanted, you can take a look at the coding below. Just be sure if you copy and paste it to remove the emissive and change the specular, diffuse, and ambient. if you don't want your preset to glow. I hope this helps!

material undeadarmy_skoll
    {
    technique
    {
    pass
    {
    ambient 0 0 0
    diffuse 0 0 0
    specular 0 0 0 1
    emissive 1 1 1 1

texture_unit
    {
    anim_texture undeadarmy_skollfire.png undeadarmy_skollfire1.png undeadarmy_skollfire2.png 0.3
    }
    }
    pass
    {
    scene_blend alpha_blend
    texture_unit
    {
    texture undeadarmy_skoll.png
    }
    }
    }
    }

3. Dusktehwol

Dusktehwol New Member

In-Game Name:
    Dusk
    Yes I was looking at scrolling, and thank you very much by giving me an example of the coding for it. It was driving me nuts in how I would layout everything precisely. Basically what I'm attempting is to make a ghost horse of sorts, but the skull is the only part that is static.