Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Skulleh, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Skulleh

Skulleh New Member

In-Game Name:
    Skulleh
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 97, in <module>
    File "G:\Dawn of Eternity updater\build\pyi.win32\Dawn of Eternity\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 126, in urlopen
    File "G:\Dawn of Eternity updater\build\pyi.win32\Dawn of Eternity\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 400, in open
    File "G:\Dawn of Eternity updater\build\pyi.win32\Dawn of Eternity\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 418, in _open
    File "G:\Dawn of Eternity updater\build\pyi.win32\Dawn of Eternity\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 378, in _call_chain
    File "G:\Dawn of Eternity updater\build\pyi.win32\Dawn of Eternity\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1207, in http_open
    File "G:\Dawn of Eternity updater\build\pyi.win32\Dawn of Eternity\out00-PYZ.pyz\urllib2", line 1177, in do_open
    URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>

This is what I get in the update log after trying to run the game. The updater won't actually work correctly, and will just close after a few seconds of being open, displaying that message in the update log. The actual game startup(The thing where it asks whether you want to run it in Direct3D or OpenGL or whatever that thing is) never opens.

I have been having this exact same issue with a few other games that require an update check- I have no idea what's causing it.

2. muffin

muffin Active Member

Have you tried going to your Dawn of the Eternity folder and deleting version? Then run the game again. Come back and tell me if it updates! ^-^ :p

3. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    It's being blocked in some way. Most likely your anti-virus or firewall that's doing it

4. Skulleh

Skulleh New Member

In-Game Name:
    Skulleh
    It's not the firewall or antivirus, I've tried disabling both of them entirely and it still won't work. I'll try deleting the "version" thing though.

5. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    Well something on your computer is blocking it, the fact that you have the same problems with other games makes that pretty clear. Try right click and Run as administrator.

6. Skulleh

Skulleh New Member

In-Game Name:
    Skulleh
    I've already tried running it as an administrator- and deleting the "version.txt" thing didn't work.

7. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    You have to figure out what software you have that is blocking it. version.txt thing forces an update, but you can't update.