Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

My bug findings

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nyro the Leopard, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Nyro the Leopard

Nyro the Leopard New Member

In-Game Name:
    Nyro46
    I'm just gonna post all the weird possible bugs I find in this thread I guess.
    I was playing the game pretty much all day today so I found some things.
    Also please excuse the fact that they are photos taken of the screen with a camera and not screenshots... I use a Macbook computer with a Windows partition, so there is no printscreen button and the usual way of taking screenshots on a Mac obviously doesn't work on the Windows partition... so like snort. But I think they're still clear enough to have an idea of what's going on, hopefully.
    Some of these glitches might already have been posted... but I don't really feel like looking through all the threads so... snort. Also my screen looks kind of gross .-.
    [​IMG]
    Okay so first off, it seems like whenever I'm on this menu loading screen (loading before it shows my animals) it always shows this weird quarter of a glitched land thing. I don't really know if this is a glitch or if it's just some weird placeholder image... but it was the first thing that made me go "wtf" when I first ever played the game.
    [​IMG]
    Okay people probably already know about this, but in Harmony there's this one area that has grass floating on nothing and then my animal can walk through some of the ground, I don't even know what's going on but it's usually always like this. (Also I can walk on tree branches, but that might be intentional, and it kind of reminds me of some of the invisible floor at Homeland).
    [​IMG]
    Okay so I was running through the Grassland area when I noticed a goat was being attacked, but there was nothing even there. Then I looked up and noticed this canine was floating and attacking the goat which was on the ground and wasn't even near it... I don't know if the canine was flying or what, but I don't get how it was attacking the goat.
    Also I don't know if the goat is even visible in this image, but you can see the flying/floating dog. I am clicked on a goat so that might be it, if they didn't kill the goat and it healed itself... and I don't know if this was just me seeing this or if the player saw this too.
    [​IMG]
    And lastly, the last thing I saw of the game today was this lovely screen. I think I was in the desert area or something, but I clicked "go home" and was greeted with this glitched mess. This never happened the other times I went home. I don't remember if I reset home or not (I was going to reset it to be on top of the rock in Homeland) but if I did, this was the first time I clicked on it reset. If not then I don't know. I don't think I did reset it though. Anyway this might have been caused by my computer since it's stupid anyway, but after I managed to quit the game it apparently "stopped working". (I opened the menu thing but there were no words, so I dragged the one pixel line of a cursor to where I thought the quit option was...)

Also is the action button in the bottom right corner supposed to do anything? Or is it even a button? If it is I can't click on it.

2. RakshaWw

RakshaWw Co-Owner
    Co-Owner

In-Game Name:
    RakshaWw
    Thanks for reporting the bugs :) Photos are a little small but I think I know what you mean for everything.

The flying grass and other terrain issues are known to Myz and as far as I know he's still working on a fix.
    Attacking the goat from the air is possible with a skill called 'Roar' which enables attacking from a distance.

3. Nyro the Leopard

In-Game Name:
    Nyro46
    Alright, no problem.

Oh okay that's probably what was going on then. I was pretty confused when I first saw that :confused:

4. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    It's a button and it should open a menu, you can also press G to open it. What rendering system are you using?

5. Nyro the Leopard

In-Game Name:
    Nyro46
    I don't know, I think it's the default one, I think it's open GL or something... I can open the menu (by pressing G as you said) but I can't click the button, the mouse won't seem to go down far enough. Unless it's because my screen is too small or something... I use a smaller laptop.

6. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    Default is Direct3D, if you're using OpenGL you should change since that's not really supported, it's just there as a last resort.

7. Nyro the Leopard

In-Game Name:
    Nyro46
    Oh okay. I think I tried Direct3D today but for some reason the first screen wouldn't even load, I guess that's why I have been using OpenGL. But it's working now that I try it again... that's weird.