Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Misplaced Posts, Missing Posts

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FaintSilhouette, Jul 23, 2015.

1. FaintSilhouette

FaintSilhouette New Member
    Developer

Okay, so this didn't become obvious to me until after I had done a few roleplays (because when people are chatting and something is missed, they just keep right on talking), but posts are disappearing for some people and not others. They are also getting moved to different chats for some people and not others.

Missing post Ex:

Me: -post here-
    -10 mins past-
    Person 1: Aren't you going to post something?
    Me: I did. I'm staring right at it. You don't see it?
    Person 1: No. Not even when I scroll up. There's nothing there. It looks like you just stopped posting.
    Person 2: That's weird. I can see her post just fine.

Misplaced post example (and this happens MORE often when it is somewhere OTHER than local to begin with)
    Person 1: -posts in General chat-
    Me: -Sits and waits....doesn't see anything in general chat-
    Me: -Checks local- Why did you post in Local?
    Person 1: I didn't? o_O It's in General chat.
    Me: I don't see it in General. It is in Local for me.
    Person 2: I see it just fine in General chat.

Keep in mind, Im using me as the example but this does NOT always happen to just me. It's been happening to other people as well, so I know it isn't just a game glitch on my end. It's very weird and annoying. o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    Oh boy this is going to be fun to figure out... So does it happen with any message or just long ones

3. FaintSilhouette

Developer

Usually its the long ones but the most recent one that disappeared did not fill up every single character of the box. It was a good bit shorter than that, if that helps. That's the only one I can think of that doesn't fit the "fills the entire box" criteria like the other ones do.

4. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    I did some thingys. Tell me if it still happens

5. FaintSilhouette

Developer

Got it, will do.

I have not had the missing post thing happen again yet but the misplaced post thing is still happening.

My friend posted one full-length paragraph and then a partial paragraph in General Chat. We were in a party together and it showed up in Party chat for me. Ive noticed it doesnt happen at all if we just post in Local. If we post in Local, it stays in local for everyone involved.

#5 FaintSilhouette, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
  6. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    Does being in a pack or not have any effect on it? Idk what I could've done to make that happen, unless it's something that's been happening in normal IT too.

7. FaintSilhouette

Developer

I've been on Wolfsoul, Last Moon, Dawn of Eternity, and the original Impressive Title back from 2008-2010. I've never experience it but Dawn of Eternity and no, none of us have any characters in any packs. Pack chat seems to be the one thing it /doesn't/ bleed into, if that helps a little? :eek:

If I figure out how the glitch is replicated, I will let you know. :/