Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Could Anyone Help Me?......

Discussion in 'Help & Documentation' started by токсичность, Mar 17, 2016.

1. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    Well as the title says i need a bit of help.... anyways i do not know how to properly make a preset, (Because i am a mac user so i installed DoE with wineskin because i just really wanted to play it, and its also my first time making preset) I watched a tutorial but it won't work for me (Again i am a mac user ;-; So i need a small bit of help on how to make a preset and stuff sooooooo yeah, Thanks for reading this little post AND Enjoyyourlifebyeeeee

2. muffin

muffin Active Member

I'd be more than happy to help.
    You said you watched a tutorial? As in a video? Maybe the fantastic written tutorial by Myz would make a little more sense in your terms? You can find the preset tutorial here http://dawn-of-eternity.com/community/threads/how-to-create-a-preset.23/
    Now for Mac it's not much different when it comes to presets so just follow the guide, any following problems don't fear to contact me.
    Edit: just make sure you've got a art program supporting layers. And if you still do not understand, I will happily guide you through how to make a preset.

#2 muffin, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  3. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    Thank you the thread you linked helped a lot and if i have anymore trouble i'll be sure to contact you

4. muffin

muffin Active Member

I'm so glad I was able to assist you! Have fun and of course do contact me if you've got any further problems.

5. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    Again thanks so much i only have one slight problem..... The char that has the preset instead of looking like the preset is yellow and black the tuft and mane are whitened the eyesore creepy and souls...... *Rocks back and forth in a corner*, I'm sure its just a problem with my code but anyways i'll put my code right below all these words words i typed
    material toxicity_moonlit
    {
    receive_shadows on
    technique

{
    pass

{

ambient 0.95 0.95 0.95 1
    diffuse 0.6 0.6 0.6 1
    specular 0.1 0.1 0.1 1

texture_unit
    {
    texture toxicity_moonlit.png
    }

{

texture_unit

{

texture fur0.png

}

}

}

}

6. muffin

muffin Active Member

material toxicity_moonlit
    {
    receive_shadows on
    technique
    {
    pass
    {
    ambient 0.95 0.95 0.95 1
    diffuse 0.6 0.6 0.6 1
    specular 0.1 0.1 0.1 1

texture_unit
    {
    texture toxicity_moonlit.png
    }
    texture_unit
    {
    texture fur0.png
    }
    }
    }
    }

Try this and if it doesn't solve your issue-
    What art program are you using? Can it support layers and have you saved the image under the right name? The presets image must be saved under. toxicity_moonlit

7. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    Okay thanks i'll try it :D thanks so much for your help, as for the other things I'm using photo shop, it can support layers and it is under toxicity_moonlit i believe (Edit) Hmm the char is still white maned and tufted and yellow and black((So sadly its still broken))

#7 токсичность, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  8. muffin

muffin Active Member

Good to hear. And you are more than welcome! I enjoy being of service to others.
    Lucky, photoshops expensive. cx

9. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    I attempted to make another preset to see if that would work but it as well turned out yellow and black with a white mane and tuft, If i am correct the texture was corrupted?, The second preset attempt i did was on the feline UV, both presets i've attempted to make show up yellow black with a white mane and white tuft, the UV's look fine they have the color i put but when i go to check on the chars i want to give the preset they are well yellow black with a white mane and white tuft

10. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    I figured out the problem!, It's a texture error i think, The only problem is... well #NoobAtPresets i don't really know how to fix it..... So if anyone knows how to fix it could ya' please tell me *Slowly shows images of begging kittens and puppies* ANYWAYS Goodbyethanksforreadingthispostenjoyyourlifebyeeee!

11. muffin

muffin Active Member

Could you screenshot it? c:

12. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    Okie i'll put the screen shots in this posty post, And never mind the screen shots won't work At the moment :/

13. muffin

muffin Active Member

oh, just save the image and upload it to a image hosting site. And from there just send me the link provided to your image?

#13 muffin, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  14. токсичность

In-Game Name:
    Toxicity
    Okay i'll try to find a website with-out viruses etc etc but i might take a small break from attempting presets