Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Campaigns are lacking. Make better?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by disgustedorito, Oct 14, 2016.

1. disgustedorito

disgustedorito New Member

In-Game Name:
    disgustedorito
    EDIT: I have been informed that DoE does not actually have campaigns so my suggestion is now the impossible "please add it back in and add these things to it". Because I really floofin' love campaign scripting and I can't believe anyone would ever remove it when it has so much potential.

From what I've seen, campaign scripts in DoE are the same as in every Impressive Title game. They shouldn't be. They should be more fun and flexible so people will actually wanna do stuff with them.

Here are some of my suggestions:
    • A series/author select, which leads to individual campaign lists
    • An option to include a save function in a series when making it; essentially, as you finish each campaign and move on to the next one in the series it saves and if you quit you can continue where you left off without the risk of accidentally skipping
    • Maybe a campaign maker tool?? idk
    • Different text effects, particularly the option to make it a custom color with stuff like a black outline for visibility and character-specific subtitle colors for all the weaboos out there making campaigns
    • Custom border materials!!
    • The option to put logos or other images into the cutscenes or whenever needed, great for making cool openings and fancy in-campaign end credits
    • The option to put images in the credits file loaded at the end of the campaign
    • The option to make parts of the credits do things like fade or scroll, at different parts of the credits as needed
    • Setting for custom roar, walk, run, attack, etc. sounds for a specific unit (player or npc)
    • The option to make a unit use a specific animation for walking or running at a specific point in the campaign (for example, if a character is trotting in a particular scene)
    • Working prey, either spawned in by the script or by the map's critter list (if it's not cleared)
    • A way to make it let you open your inventory and pick up items because this is disabled in single player most of the time
    I'm too tired to post more so I guess just comment and discuss and I'll see what people have to say in the morning goodnight

#1 disgustedorito, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    campaigns are something that were removed from DoE entirely, the code might still be in there somewhere but the option to access them was removed from the main menu, and as such we have no intention of adding things to the feature.

3. disgustedorito

disgustedorito New Member

In-Game Name:
    disgustedorito
    I thought I saw a button for them, must be mistaken.

Still, they would be great to have.