Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

How to create mods

Discussion in 'Help & Documentation' started by Myz, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    Mods are a way to edit the looks and behaviour of the game without breaking the original files, it will also ensure changes you make will not be undone by game updated since nothing in the my_content folder is touched by the updater.

I'll be posting some tutorials here about how to mod different things.

2. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    1. Creating a GUI Mod

This is pretty much the easiest thing you can do.

Go to your DoE folder
    1.jpg

Go into the game folder > media > materials > textures. You should be seeing something like this now:

2.jpg

Right click the gui folder and copy it. Now go back to the DoE main folder, go into my_content and then into the mods folder. Right click and paste the gui folder in here.

3.jpg

Now you can go into the my_content/mods/gui folder and edit any of the GUI textures with an image editor of your choice and you'll see your edits the next time you start the game.

#2 Myz, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  3. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    2. Retexturing an item

This is basically the same as the GUI one. I got these antlers that I want to retexture.
    1.JPG

Go to your DoE folder, game > media > items, now you need to find the right item folder, in this case it's antler2 so I right click and copy that folder.

Go to the my_content/mods folder and paste the item folder.
    2.JPG

Now go into the folder
    3.JPG

I have the gold version and we're not going to mess with the model or material so I need to delete the things I'm not going to edit.

4.JPG

There, I deleted the things I'm not going to mess with and edited the texture. Now it should be working.

5.JPG

Yep, it's working.

4. Myz

Myz Administrator
    Staff Member

In-Game Name:
    Myz
    3. Editing Furs and Markings

This works pretty much exactly as the first example(GUI).

Go to your game folder, media > materials > textures > player. Copy the fur and or markings folder and paste them into your my_content/mods folder, edit the things you want to change and then delete all the markings or furs from your mod folder that you are not going to edit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.