Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Fraidy's Suggestions Thread v. 0.01

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FraidyCat, Jun 22, 2017.

1. FraidyCat

FraidyCat New Member

In-Game Name:
    Kreo45
    Since I'll probably lose track of my own suggestions, I'm going to compile them in one area so I don't post it multiple times / don't respond! If this isnt allowed or in the wrong subforum let me know.

----- Background
    Hello! Please call me Fraidy or Kreo. Here I'll detail my background with this game and what kind of player I am, just so my suggestions have a context.

While I'm an artist and I very much do enjoy texturing models, I don't often find myself making presets - so I probably wont comment on making them. I find the most fun in games like these in the CC and Hunting, primarily with groups of people. I like to collect and trade with other users.

I played the original Impressive Title back in the day and I've been relatively active on several mirrors and side games, but never really spoke my mind. I do RP whenever I can and in IT I was a very prolific RPer, so if there are any RPs open while I'm around I'll try and join.

1X1 - Quality Of Life
    These are small tweaks that will make this game easier to play.
    2X2 - Animation
    These are things that have animation issues, no animations, or get animation errors.
    3X3 - Models
    These are models that are not working, have stretching or clipping issues, or have a simple fix.
    4X4 - Maps
    These are maps that have heightmap, texturemap, water, or clipping issues.
    5X5 - Character Creation
    These are errors, crashes, or suggestion.
    6x6 - Hunting
    These are hitbox, combat, difficulty, spawning, and skill issues.
    7X7 - General / Repeatable Crashes / Errors
    If it doesn't fit under these headings, I'll put it here!
    8X8 - New system suggestions
    These suggestions may require new coding, new programs, but would be good additions to the game.

Testing Characters:
    Fish - Horse
    John - Canine
    - Feline
    IGN is Kreo45

2. FraidyCat

FraidyCat New Member

In-Game Name:
    Kreo45
    1X1 - Quality Of Life
    -----On the minimap, consider adding a 10% opacity field and a white outline to the compass directions.

2X2 - Animation
    ----- Horse pins its ears when it runs, and the back remains entirely stationary through the cycle. Consider having the model have its ears pricked, changing the back will make the animation look much better but may take a chunk of time.
    ----- Horse picks up its legs very high when walking, it looks more like a learned motion than a casual lope. I think it was referenced from a tennesee walking horse? Its a gaited breed, so its not a typical walk.

3X3 - Models

4X4 - Maps

5X5 - Character Creation
    -----Consider adding more tail types for horses, such as lion tails, bobtails, braided tails, feather-haired, stringy, ect.
    -----Consider adding more mane types for horses, such as zebra, long, wavy, or some with forehead locks.
    ----- Consider adding a hoof colour slider.

6x6 - Hunting

7X7 - General / Repeatable Crashes / Errors
    ----- Taking a screenshot in the CC caused a crash (not known to be repeatable)
    ----- Taking a screenshot in the Character Select caused a crash (not known to be repeatable)

8X8 - New system suggestions
    ----- Dawn of Eternity Preset Sketcher
    A lite program that allows the player to use a handful of colours in a binary fashion to sketch directly onto the 3d model. It can export the sketched-on texture map to be finished in a proper art program.

#2 FraidyCat, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    I feel like you should explain more in detail on some of those things.

Also there is a bug report section, if you wanted to report a bug you should make a separate post there.