Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Your graphics tablet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Festral, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Festral

Festral Member

In-Game Name:
    Festral
    Hello.
    I haven't been active on the DOE, but I'm still alive. I became interested in art more than before. But I rarely visits the inspiration and that's how much I was not looking for it, nothing comes out.

I'm drawing with Parblo. Many people write that use Wacom and I was wondering how much it is easy to draw, unlike other tablets. And is there a difference which tablet you draw?

I'm interested in your opinion.

2. muffin

muffin Active Member

all tablets are pretty much the same and have the exact same purpose!
    although the fancier/more expensive the tablet, the more features you get and the better quality your work will be, people use wacom because its a popular brand and is most tablet users first choice when purchasing digital equipment
    you don't really need a drawing tab to draw digitally, you could use an ipad or your phone and download art programs out the app store (id recommend buying a stylus, drawing with your fingers can be difficult)

3. Zaroque

Zaroque THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
    Staff Member Developer

In-Game Name:
    Zaroque
    to be honest, the art program makes more difference than the actual tablet. investing Paint Tool SAI is a great way to start, I've also heard Krita is good and GIMP.
    It takes a while to get used to it all, but it becomes really easy!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Alexatago

Alexatago New Member

In-Game Name:
    Alexatago
    I agree. The problem with issues like this is that theyre not experimentally reproducible. And if they cant be reproduced, you dont know if its fixed.



5. wolfieokami

wolfieokami New Member

In-Game Name:
    wolfieokami
    This!

I also vouch for Krita and GIMP, but also Paint.Net or MS Paint can be used as well. HOWEVER, Paint.Net, Krita, GIMP, Paint Tool Sai, etc. utilize pen pressure, which aids in overall quality of your art/easier on the eyes than say a pixelated line from MS Paint.

I'd like to also recommend FireAlpaca; like Krita, GIMP and Paint.net, it is totally free and it has a built-in animation "studio," so to speak.

I use Clip Studio Paint, personally, and a Wacom Intuos Small and it gets me by pretty well. I am thinking of switching to iPad and Procreate; but that's just a personal preference and a rather expensive choice. ^^;

Good luck with you artistic endeavors, it will pay off in the end!