Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Want to fight the Walker right now?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Candleframe, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Candleframe

Candleframe Member

In-Game Name:
    F
    [​IMG]

Are you really impatient and want to fight the Walker despite all the cliffs in Odium? Here's how!

1. Fly around and locate Walker. Make sure you have a load of Heals.
    2.Once located, click on it so you start flying towards it. (I'd like to switch to F1 mode at this moment to give the single punch for the next step. You can switch back afterwards)
    3. When you're sure you are located close enough to Walker, stop flying and give the Walker a single punch. Start flying immediately.
    4. Fly around the edges of the map and look for a large flat plateau (there are a few in this map). Fly onto the plateau.
    5. Land your character near the very edge of the map on the plateau. Face inwards to the map.
    6. Anxiously wait for Walker to walk to you. Make sure you constantly look left and right, Walker can come in from any direction.
    7. Once you spot Walker running in, fight!

My personal way of fighting Walker:
    When I spot Walker coming to me, I make sure I'm on normal (F2) mode and click on Walker. The character will run to attack Walker automatically. Immediately after clicking on Walker, I switch to F1 mode, then press 2/Skills so it's F1 mode and Heal.
    The reason for this is because with F1 mode on Heal, you don't have to worry about placing your mouse directly on your character to heal. Clicking will always heal your character. Your fight with Walker might fall off the plateau, so being in a mode where directly clicking on your character doesn't matter would be useful.

~~
    That Walker AI is some serious stuff! Originally instead of a plateau, I waited at one of those tall white pillars in the middle of the map. I though the Walker would find me on the pillar and wait around the pillar for me to come down since it can't reach me. Then when I have Walker clearly in view, I'd attack it when I was ready. But things didn't work around that way. The Walker saw me, it ran past me on the pillar and I was like "Oh...". I looked around to locate it but I was too slow.
    Then, KABLAM! This black creature suddenly filled up the screen, knocked me off my pillar and proceeded to beat me up. After doing that pillar-trick a few times, I managed to see that the Walker will walk up a cliff and then launch itself down just to attack you. :O

~~

On another note:

How does everyone else fight their prey? Do you use the special skills like backflips, stomps and super-heals or do you just let your character automatically attack everything? How often do you use F1 mode?

#1 Candleframe, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. Zombie

Zombie Member
    Developer

In-Game Name:
    Zombie
    -whispers softly- Odium update to add some more level area has been sent in. Butts. ouo

Personally I go into f1 mode with any bosses or prey with a lot of health; it makes healing a lot easier. Nice tips and guide; I'm sure people will find it useful.

3. Karkat_Vantas

Karkat_Vantas Active Member

/what does the walker drop

4. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

O The Walker doesn't play around when fighting.

When it comes to bosses I go from F2 to F1 to fight. I focus on healing my character more than I do using skills. Those are use for mildly tough prey

5. Candleframe

Candleframe Member

In-Game Name:
    F
    The Walker didn't drop anything that time I beat it, but we saw Rika online earlier and she showed us the Walker Sword. It's black with an orange gem in the middlle of the hand guard, and the handguard has a slight curve coming towards the blade with black spikes coming out of the handguard, also towards the blade.

EDIT: looks like my memory has served wrong ^_^'

#5 Candleframe, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  6. Candleframe

Candleframe Member

In-Game Name:
    F
    I've now got a clear picture of the sword!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karkat_Vantas

Karkat_Vantas Active Member

nice@!!!