Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Can't get past Basic Combat

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by xMorrox, Sep 16, 2019.

1. xMorrox

xMorrox New Member

In-Game Name:
    MotherMorro
    So, just joined this game. Used to play it's sister Last Moon a long time ago before computer died... Well, I finished the first quest givers quest and went on to "Basic Combat" and all the other ones... But any time I try to attack a rabbit/bunny... The entire game crashes and closes out on me.

Before you ask for a screenshot, I don't get anything to screenshot. The entire game stops and closes. :\ I'm using the wolf player model http://prntscr.com/p6knyq , was super excited to play this game, hope you can help.

P.S. I tried to find another post like this in the help section but was unable to, I may have looked over one without realizing it however and apologize if that's the case.

2. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    Hm, how odd. Are you running DoE using OpenGL by chance? DoE only really works with Direct3D9
    From there I'd try lowering the settings.

Are you on windows or mac?

#2 SparkleWolf404, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. xMorrox

xMorrox New Member

In-Game Name:
    MotherMorro
    I was trying to use OpenGL, I'll try with Direct3D9. I'm using windows.

Using Direct helped, thanks! I haven't played these in forever lol. Couldn't remember what to do.

4. SparkleWolf404

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    I've never seen an issue like this before so I just guessed, OpenGL does cause a lot of problems if you run DoE with it though so I figured that was a good way to start. It can cause anything from broken textures to crashes, myz really needs to get around to fixing it....

5. xMorrox

xMorrox New Member

In-Game Name:
    MotherMorro
    Well anyway, thank you! Really excited to play this, from what I've seen so far it's pretty good.

6. SparkleWolf404

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    I hope you enjoy, this game has a lot has a lot of features that I haven't seen in other servers like a map maker, an item shop, a quest system and so much more!

• Friendly Friendly x 1