Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Tame pets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Czytrus, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Czytrus

Czytrus New Member

In-Game Name:
    scumtier
    Hey guys! I have a nice suggestion.
    Why we can't tame animals? Instead of buying an animal, we could tame them and each of us would have an original animal than the one from the store in Homeland.
    We could get a new skill named "tame" from shop or by killing a specific animals.
    It could look like that:
    You dreamed to tame a deer from Harmony or a big boss from Eden. For that you bought skill tame, for example x200 and you went to Harmony.
    You finded your main objective and you start to attacking the animal. When the deer had low health you change your attack into tame and you start to poke him with the skill until it gets tamed or you don't have this skill anymore.

It hurts me that we have limited pets to buy and we don't have any chance to get a better animal from all worlds :(
    Please look at this, it could be a better option than buying!!

/Sorry for my english

2. Snuggypink

Snuggypink Preset Converter
    Staff Member

Well see, the reason animals are in the stores is that we dont have to tame them :(
    Eventually all of the animals will be able to be a buyable pet, aside from the gods or what ever is chosen to not be a pet.

There shouldnt be a pet limit though, depending on which character you bought, you can buy as many as animals as you like!
    Taming is very...time consuming, when you can simply money grind on critters or quests to buy what ever pet you desire ta that point in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Czytrus

Czytrus New Member

In-Game Name:
    scumtier
    Yeah but you know, when we could get a chance to buy god animals ? We must wait and wait for that so why can't we tame them until in game we can buy these Animals?

4. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    Tames used to exist exactly how you described, however I believe our coder Myz deleted tames from the source code so adding them back would be a nightmare.
    Even still Rika has said in the past how bosses aren't meant to be owned due to their overpowered nature as well as breaking the game's lore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rika

Rika Design Lead
    Staff Member Co-Owner Developer

In-Game Name:
    Rika
    yea even if we had tames, the bosses wouldnt be able to be tamed since they'd we WAY overpowered. and eventually, all the normal prey will be available to buy as a pet.

also yea the actual process of taming is a nightmare lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SparkleWolf404

SparkleWolf404 Active Member

In-Game Name:
    SparkleWolf404
    I think their wish was to add tames while we wait for the pets to be added to shops and to have some tame only pets but even still I don't think it's still in the code, even if it is we'd need a tame blacklist and whitelist and it'd just be easier to put them in the shops at that point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Candleframe

Candleframe Member

In-Game Name:
    F
    in my opinion, taming is like throwing pokeballs to catch pokemon, but way less exciting XD
    though I think some people like the "catching" aspect.

Like mentioned, in some other Impressive Title games, you have to lower the health of the creature a lot, then you spam the tames. But in DoE, the AI for the prey is rather vengeful, and they heal if the player doesn't interact with the prey for a while. Taming would be even more of a nightmare in this game, since not only do you have to balance the player character running away from the prey, but you'd have to come back and knock the prey down to tamable health once it heals because the player didn't attack it for a while. Some people might like the challenge and would use the feature in the game, but I don't think there is a large enough demand for it to be implemented in DoE!

• Agree Agree x 2