Welcome to Dawn of Eternity

In order to download and play the game you need to sign up for an account and activate it, it's free. Once you have an active account you will be able to see the download page at the top of the forum.

Loch Leven Beginings

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by HeroOfCanton, Aug 12, 2015.

1. HeroOfCanton

HeroOfCanton New Member

In-Game Name:
    HeroOfCanton
    It's been a solid 3 years since my fox roleplaygroup and I ran around on Feralheart and it's been at least that long since I've been into map making but DoE has changed that for sure. I've been messing around with the mapmaker for about two hours now and ended up very unintentionally making an Island similar to one of the ones we used to RP on... So push came to shove and I thought it would be a fun opportunity to remake the maps on this server for everyone to enjoy.

So Yes. Here is the beginnings of Castle Kinross. Two Caves, 1 Stone meeting spot (not pictured), and an abandoned hunters cabin make up some of the smaller features of the Island. The walls of a long ago demolished castle lay in taters in the middle of the Island, surrounded by 12 acres of Forest and Grassy plains.

Four textures used on the map thus far. Castle Kinross and Loch Leven are all based on real places in Scotland (though Castle Kinross is called Loch Leven Castle in real life) and I always base my heightmaps very much off of what the terrain actually looks like were you to visit. I take many liberties in so far as object placement though.
    Expect lots of updates and such. Maps will always be made public upon completion.
    Comments, Critiques and Suggestions welcome and encouraged​
    [​IMG]
    General Map overview. Castle keep in the middle, hunters cabin ruins to the left, beach den to the right. The Brown-ish terrain patches are where the forest will be.

[​IMG]
    Castle keep by night. Grass will be recoloured, as it's too dark for my liking.

[​IMG]
    One of the two caves on the Island, overlooking the Southern Shore of the Isle

[​IMG]
    Ruins of hunters cabin, it sits within the small "forest".

[​IMG]
    The Underground Den (separate map), with a Climbing/Sleeping Rock feature thing.​

#1 HeroOfCanton, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Zekrum

Zekrum New Member

In-Game Name:
    Zekrum
    *o* Dayum, Very impressive so far!

3. Zaroque

Zaroque THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
    Staff Member Developer

In-Game Name:
    Zaroque
    this will look fantastic, good job so far!

4. muffin

muffin Active Member

Great work owo